Hi, and happy holidays! 🙂
Inspired by Suraya’s 21 for 2021 List on her RinggitOhRinggit blog, I figured I could make a list of 21 things that I want to accomplish and/or do in the next year.
This 21 for 2021 list will include everything, from personal life, marriage, work, or others. Writing this down in an open and public space will also hopefully keep me accountable, to myself and to you guys as well.
Personal & social life
1. Move into a new house. We are currently living in a studio apartment, and am looking to move into a bigger place once our tenancy is up. Am super excited about this, but finding the right place that matches what we’re looking for and falls within our budget has been hard.
2. Spend at least one day per month to meet friends (either for lunch or dinner). Due to COVID this year, it’s been hard catching up with friends. I want to consciously plan at least one lunch or dinner date with some close friends.
3. Consistent expenses tracking. I started to track my expenses and sharing them on the blog (see personal finance), but then I stopped due to COVID and MCO when we were stuck at home mostly (and my expenses were mainly on online shopping). So here’s to re-starting this for 2021.
4. Learn a new recipe (I’m guessing Aiman’s bored of eating the same thing over and over again lol).
5. At least take three getaways with Aiman (or family) somewhere in Malaysia.
6. To actually complete the Digital Marketing course I bought on Udemy.
7. Start & complete coaching course on Udemy.
8. Read (or re-read) 15 books.
9. Reach out to & meet two professionals for coffee / informational interviews. I think it’s time for me to really take my future career into my hand, and listening to experienced people will hopefully help me gain clarity on what I want to do.
Work & career-related
10. Figure out new position (role) and additional responsibilities (+ higher salary maybe?).
11. Conduct at least 10 workshops/classes for students or graduates, either on my own or by invitation from universities.
12. Finish that writing project.
13. Rebrand Career57 (and officially sign on as a partner for this?). Also, need to plan workshops for Career57.
Blog & Newsletter
14. Reach 2,500 subscribers on the #SayWhat newsletter. In 2020, it grew from around 110+ to 1,000+, and I’m hoping to see it grow even further next year.
15. Blog once a week (by scheduling actual time on my planner weekly to write) (also, have a list of blog posts and ideas to write about). I’ve always had trouble whenever I do this, but we’ll see how this plays out.
16. At least 10 new posts for #FreshGrad101.
17. Record & upload at least two videos on my YouTube channel – this may somewhat be related to career advice for students or just personal life stuff?
18. Have a mini garden. Depending on how big/small our next place is, this may change, but I at least want to buy and take care of some plants.
19. Go through my books collection and decide which to (1) keep, (2) donate, or (3) sell. I started this before but never finished it, so might as well do it now since I have to rearrange everything back on the new bookshelves that Mum & Dad had recently installed in the house.
20. Set up a proper home office/library. One of the reasons for #1 is to have a proper space for work. With potentially a lot more virtual workshops to be delivered, I’d need a proper space other than our dining table.
21. Consult a gynae. In a way, this can probably be with my dad (lol). As Aiman restarts his career hopefully soon, we might want to start thinking about potentially starting our family. With my PCOS, we’ll need careful and early planning, as well as proper meds (for me), if we are serious about conceiving any time in the future.
That’s a wrap for my 21 for 2021 list!
Some of these I know can be easily done, while others may take a little longer. I definitely need to put in a lot of effort and discipline to accomplish the harder things on the list (such as #15 and #8).
Thank you (again!) Suraya for the inspiration! I definitely feel that writing my 21 for 2021 list helped my brain to be more focused on specific goals and actions that I want to accomplish.
What about you? What would be on your 21 for 2021 list? Share them with me in the comments section!
Until I see you again, stay awesome & take care! 🙂
Did you find the post interesting / useful? Come share your thoughts!